I usually agree with Candace, but this video that’s circulating is propaganda and over the top. I won’t embed the video but you can go waste 30 minutes if you want, at this Facebook page.
I listened to 27 minutes. She gets to employer’s around 20 minutes in.
She has some things right, others very wrong.
A. Yes, social media is wrong to censor doctors.
B. Yes, vaccines should be voluntary.
- She’s conflating an acute asthma attack with a prophylactic vaccine for healthy people.
- Where’s the evidence that the US government is even telling, much less pressuring private employers? (*That* would be “communism,” or socialism, if government controls business.)
- There’s approval by the FDA. It’s emergency approval, but approval, just the same.
- Well over half of the US – 55% – has had at least one shot. 49% fully vaccinated over the age of 12. 59% of those over the age of 18. 200 million people in the US alone is a significant trial. We’re way beyond the “experimental” stage, with millions of life-years of evidence.
- And, for my British Virgin Island friends, The BVI isn’t the US.
Now, as to the employers…
Do business owners have no say in who they employ or the conditions of employment? Does the government own the business, so can make company policy? Do business owners answer to customers or their employees?
I don’t agree with mandatory vaccination if government does the forcing. And employers should use their policies wisely and carefully, only requiring legal, safe, and ethical acts from their employees.
The vaccine is legal, safe, and ethical.
Unlike government mandates, a business owner doesn’t use threats of guns and prisons. He sets company policy. If employees don’t like it, they aren’t slaves or indentured servants who must stay & follow the rules. They can leave.
No one owns their job. No one owes them a job.
Comments are closed.